Be a Street-Smart Global Engineer !
Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) is an accredited private university which was founded in 1969 in Kyoto, Japan. In April of 2020, KUAS established the new Faculty of Engineering, where students can learn about the most advanced technologies through a practical study program. At KUAS’ Faculty of Engineering, students will be able to study a wide range of engineering fields and prepare themselves to compete on the global stage. Top-tier professionals who can create useful innovations for the future are in high demand all over the world.
KUAS’ Faculty of Engineering offers a high degree of flexibility in specialization, so that students can gain exposure to a wide range of knowledge and obtain expertise in the various sub-disciplines necessary for professionally balanced engineers. With this systematic, multidisciplinary program that intersects 13 fields, students can acquire collaboration skills, practical problem-solving skills and a global perspective.
KUAS will provide its students a professional and practical education to help them grow into leaders of innovation and ensure that they are capable of taking on the diverse challenges that society faces.
■Admission Schedules for September 2024 Enrollment
・Early Entry: October 2, 2023 - October 27, 2023
・Regular Entry: December 1, 2023 - January 12, 2024
・Final Entry: February 5, 2024 - March 8, 2024
＜Graduate (master & doctor )＞
・Early Entry: October 2, 2023 - November 3, 2023
・Regular Entry: December 1, 2023 - January 26, 2024
Kyoto University of Advanced Science
Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
• All English: KUAS offers a trailblazing engineering curriculum that is taught entirely in English.
• Intensive Japanese Language Program: KUAS provides all international students with intensive Japanese courses to help broaden their future career paths.
• Practical Programs: All engineering undergraduates at KUAS participate in a “Capstone Program” in which they tackle real-world engineering problems faced by major industry players. More than 50 companies from multiple industries cooperate with this program.
• Scholarships: KUAS offer Super KUAS-E Scholarship (tuition & admission fee exemption + stipend 1,200,000 JPY/year) and KUAS-E Scholarship (tuition & admission fee reduction 100% , 50%, 30%*) based on academic merit.
• Career Support: KUAS provides students with comprehensive career support to assist them with job hunting and internships by leveraging our strong ties with the industries.
• Location: Kyoto City is the cultural capital of Japan and home to thousands of beautiful shrines and temples as well as seventeen UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kyoto is also the perfect city size to study, build local connections, and get a feel for life in Japan. Moreover, Kyoto City itself hosts many of the world’s top-performing technology and electronics companies, and provides a stimulating, unique environment for building a career.
• Housing: KUAS provides several dormitories that are perfect for international students to start their lives in Japan. The dorms are located on or near KUAS Uzumasa Campus making for a very convenient commute. The KUAS dormitories are international residences that house Japanese and international students together.
Programas de graduación
Licenciatura, Técnica, Vocacional
Faculty of Engineering (All-English)
• Department of Mechanical and Electrical System Engineering (Bachelor's program - 4 years)
Programas de postgrado
Maestría, Doctorado, MBA
Graduate School of Engineering (All-English)
• Division of Mechanical and Electrical System Engineering (Master's program – 2years)
• Division of Mechanical and Electrical System Engineering (Doctoral program – 3 years)
Intercambio, escuela de idiomas, etc.
1) Super KUAS-E Scholarship (Tuition & admission fee exemption + stipend 1,200,000 JPY/year)
2) KUAS-E Scholarship (Tuition & admission fee reduction 100% , 50%, 30%*)
*30% applies only for master’s program student
For more information, please contact KUAS International Admissions Office (email@example.com).